Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) in general, alongside Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things, are increasingly recognized as transformational technologies for the Health sector. The first session of this event provides an introduction about DLTs such as Blockchain and Tangle. IOTA Foundation develops the Tangle, which overcomes the limitations of conventional Blockchain, and opens a new landscape of opportunities for eHealth cross silo data exchanges, connected care, MyData/GDPR among others. The H2020 matchmaking workshop in the second session of this event will provide an opportunity to clusters, SMEs and industrial giants to pitch their project ideas to form the consortia for accelerating Blockchain and eHealth proposals.
Who should join us?
- You are an eHealth researcher or innovator, biopharma/IT SME and recognize the need to stay ahead of this new wave of digital innovation.
- You are a decision maker from public or private sector and want to cut through the hype, assess the potential and state of maturity of DLTs and determine how to position your eHealth ecosystem.
- You want to assess the rationale for exploring the potential of new exponential technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things across the whole Healthcare system.
- You have heard about Bitcoin, Blockchain and Distributed Ledgers, and want to initiate R&D and innovation in this space through Horizon 2020 proposals and international consortia.
This event is FREE to attend and you can send your registration by filling the form at the end of this page.
The meeting is supported and arranged in co-operation with:
please contact either
Moderator of the day: Gupta Udatha (Oslo Cancer Cluster)
SESSION 1: Smart Health and MyData with IOTA
- Wilfried Pimenta, Business Development Director, IOTA Foundation
- Navin Ramachandran, Radiology Consultant, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Healthcare Specialist in distributed ledgers and IoT, IOTA Foundation
- Bogi Eliasen, Associated Partner, Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies
- Chris Tyson, Chief Information Officer – Digital Health and Remote Patient Monitoring, aparito
- Emily M. Weitzenboeck, Associate professor, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University; Advocate, Wikborg Rein Advokatfirma AS
- Koen Maris, Chief Technology Officer in the field of cyber security for Atos in BeNeLux and the Nordics
- Arne Blystad Helme, Advisory Partner, KPMG
- Arne Peder Blix, CEO and Founder, Friend Software Corporation AS
SESSION 2: H2020 Matchmaking Workshop for Blockchain and eHealth Proposals
- Patrícia Sousa, Senior Consultant, Innovayt
- 10 Project Idea Pitches
- Opportunity for participants to express their interest in the pitched proposals