The new government of Norway has launched their political platform. Oslo Cancer Cluster have reviewed the political platform document. We are overall very pleased with the initiatives that concerns research, knowledge, education, business and R&D.
Jónas Einarsson, acting director of Oslo Cancer Cluster says “There are a lot of initiatives in this political platform from Høyre and Fremskrittspartiet which is directly in line with Oslo Cancer Cluster`s strategy and areas we have been working on for a long time. Some of these are crucial for building a strong biotech industry in Norway at the same time as we take care of the cancer patients and develop the cancer treatments of tomorrow.”
These are some of the plans we highly agree with:
- Norway should become one of the most innovative countries in Europe
- More funds to industry R&D and innovation
- Use industry clusters as an innovation tool – by especially strengthen the Norwegian Centres of Expertise (NCE-program) and start up Global Centres of Expertise.
- More resources to governmental seed capital funds
- Secure more funding to clinical trials as well as increase the number of patients participating in clinical trials
- Develop an activity plan for the national strategy for cancer