The Centre for Cancer Biomarkers (CCBIO) is a Norwegian Centre of Excellence established at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry in 2013. CCBIO works on cancer biomarkers and tailored treatment. The researchers have a special focus on tumor-microenvironment interactions and their importance for metastatic spread and aggressive disease.
Fourth annual symposium
CCBIO organizes its fourth annual symposium at Solstrand 10th-11th May 2016. The CCBIO symposium is a combination of invited, renowned international and national speakers and two long poster sessions during which younger researchers present their research. The selection of which participants that can present their posters is done on the basis of the submitted abstracts.
The first international speakers are now confirmed:
- Marsha A. Moses, from Harvard Medical School and the Vascular Biology Program at Boston Children’s Hospital, USA
- Ritva Heljasvaara, Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Collagen Research Unit at the University of Oulu, Finland
- Thorsten Schlomm of the prostate cancer clinic Martini-Klinik, the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), Germany
- Brunangelo Falini, Institute of Hematology, University of Perugia, Italy
- Meenhard Herlyn, The Wistar Institute Melanoma Research Center, Philadelphia, USA