SPARK is a mentoring program with milestone-based funding and education to further develop academic and scientific ideas.
Speakers at this OPEN SPARK meeting:
– Knut Smerud, CEO at The Smerud Medical Research Group (SMERUD). SMERUD is a full-service clinical Contract Research Organisation (CRO). He will talk about early phase regulatory requirements and about “lessons learned” as a CRO.
– Prof. John Anker Swart. Oslo University Hospital. from the clinical research center “Norwegian Brain Power”. He will focus on how a clinical research center for brain diseases may help patients and try to open paths for collaboration across sciences.
SPARK Norway is:
- An innovation programme designed to increase the success rate of projects with high potential impact, addressing critical unmet needs in the life science domain
- Designed to increase the maturity of discoveries in academia and hospitals towards practical solutions through education, mentorship, advising and milestone-based funding
- Based on the original Stanford SPARK programme for clinical research, which has achieved a translational success rate of > 50%
- Developed in close collaboration with the two other European SPARK sites – SPARK Berlin and SPARK Finland
- Led by UiO:Life Science and supported by University of Oslo (UiO) top management, Inven2 and Oslo University Hospital (OUS)
- Uptake to the SPARK Norway programme can be applied through annual open calls, the first application deadline was 15 December 2017